Monday, October 4, 2010

60 Years of Greatness

On Tuesday, September 28th, 2010, employees (and salespeople) and friends of Carnegie Fabrics celebrated the firm’s 60th Anniversary at The Robert, atop the Museum of Art and Design in New York City.

First – what firm TODAY celebrates their employees in such style???

Secondly, I know this was a “work” event for me – but oh, it was so much more.

From the first day I met Mr. Bob Goldman, founder of Carnegie Fabrics some 20 years ago - I was trying to sell him advertising and he was trying to get me to contribute to the United Jewish Appeal – I knew I was with one sharp guy.


Over the years, Mr. Goldman (Mr. G to everyone), slowly gave the reins of the company over to Cliff, his son. Cliff and I always had great conversations (though I continued to try to sell him advertising – he never asked me for contributions!).

When I started BDE in 1996, he hired me for various projects until in 2000, Cliff hired BDE as his P.R. and marketing consultant. Then I really got to see the machine at work!


With Heather Bush and Mary Holt in design and creative, Cliff has scripted an amazing fabric and wallcovering firm – that is so much more. It is a firm that is design forward, progressive in material usage and exploration, has successfully produced marketing concepts and builds long lasting relationships with A N Y O N E they work with. But the more, is the heart and soul of this firm.

The growth and success has done nothing to change nor impact the sincerity and concern they show to each and every employee, salesperson, and yes, consultant. The firm, led by Cliff (with Mr. G still keeping an eye on the bottom line!), leads by example. I heard the word “ethical” more times than I could count that night (between my dancing). I heard the word “thoughtful”, “warm” and “pride” more times than I could count that night (between the great wine and food).

BDE has grown with Carnegie – or maybe because of it.

Thanks, Cliff.

No comments: